Integrated Diploma in Multimedia
Duration: 1 Year
Total Semesters: 2
Eligibility: 10+2 (Any stream)
Click Tabs to get Semester Details
FIRST YEAR (FIRST SEMESTER)
- 101 – Graphics
- Basics of Sketching & Drawing (with practice): Lines in different grades o pencils HB +0.8b, Shading in pencil medium, shading in different angles of pencil strokes, formatting in different textures in pencil, shading, simple objects in drawing, simple shapes of geometrical shapes, paper division & forming of sky land, stones , deserts, trees & plants, roadsides, rivers, perspective in lines in landscapes, different head shapes, characters, human anatomy parts like hand, legs, arms, horror characters.
- The Process of Design: Marketing consideration, creative concepts, shooting a add, preparing for production, production.
- Sign and Technology: Ascending descending, leading, kerning, appropnateness, harmony, apprenace, emphasis, copy casting and type specification, copy casting, character-count method , word –count method, points, picas, typesetting, typesetting methods, photo.
- Text and Typography (Fonts): Typography, type setting , readability, classes of type, display type, type groups, roman, serifs, gothic, block, square serif type, a font, cursive or script type, measuring type, size, width, resolution, compositing,
- The shape of Design: Planning for print production, overlay, camera ready, dates and deadlines.
- Design in Publishing: Typesetting, photoplatemaking.
- Various types of Papers: Basics weight, caliper, equivalent weight, basics weight, acid free paper, antique finishing, brightness, basics weight GSM, Bristol's, bulk, calendaring, bond, recycled, symbol "m" , symbol "mm" .
- Packaging & Product Design: To make the packing boxes design, hands on designing using computer, making layouts for real printing, with margins typesetting.
- Basics of Printing Technology: Application, screen fabrics, filament, mesh count, strength, weave patterns, silk, organdy, nylon, polyester, metal mesh, paper, stencil types, direct and in direct, ink, press types, flatbed, flatbed cylinder, cylinder, textiles, precision flatbed, rotary.
- The Production Process: Role of production manager, impact and non impact printers, preparing production, planning print production.
- 102-- Desk Top Publishing
- Computer Basics: Introduction: Introduction to computers, parts of computer system, hardware, software, difference between hardware and software, user, data, processor, memory, input devices, output devices. Generations of Computers: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th generation. Basic computer organization: C.P.U, A.L.U. Keyboard, Mouse, OMR, OCR, Bar Code Reader, Scanner, Light pen, Cameras etc. Output Devices: Monitors (CRT, FST, LCD), Impact and non impact printers (Dot matrix, Inkjet, LaserJet), Plotters. Storage Devices: Hard Disk, Floppy disk, CD's, DVD's.
- Operating System: Introduction: Introduction to Operating System, its need and Operating System services; Operating System classification - single user, multi-user, simple batch processing, Multiprogramming, Multitasking, Parallel system, Distributed system, Real time system.
- Basic Designing Software: Windows Paint, Basics Concept making and Implement on Computer, Colour knowledge, Generating Ideas, Basics About Various Software's in Industry for still image manipulating, knowledge about pixels, measuring units in diff image manipulating software's.
- Vector Graphics ( Designing, Color Theory , Vector Designing & Editing, Text Formatting):
Interface: working with menus, toolbars, Dockers.
Document Setup: Setting Page Size& Orientation, Document Navigation
Rulers & Guidelines: Status Bar.
Text: Formatting, Text Layout, Skewing and rotating, Creating drop shadow, Text to Path, Extruding text.
Objects: Grouping & locking objects, Combining & breaking apart, Transforming & Shaping, Cutting objects apart, Trim, weld & Intersection of objects.
Lines & Curves: Using freehand & Bezier tool, Line properties, Arrowheads Eraser & artist media tools Nodes & Paths.
Color & Fills: Solid Color, Color Palettes, Eyedropper & Paint bucket, Fountain, Fills, Patterns, Texture Fills, Interactive Mesh Fill.
Special effects: Envelopes, Blends, Perspective, Shadow Objects, Power clip Command, Transparency, Distortion, Contour, Lens Docker.
Complex Shapes: Polygon & Stars, Spirals Printing Menu.
- Raster Graphics (Designing, Color Theory, Raster Designing & Editing, text Formatting) : Getting to Know the Work Area, Starting to work in Adobe Photoshop, Colour modes, Colour, Using the tools, Selecting and using a tool from the toolbox, Using the tool options bar and other palettes, Customizing the workspace, Using Photoshop Help, Viewing and editing files in Adobe Bridge, Embedding information for easy identification, Automating routine tasks, Resolution and image size, Straightening and cropping an image, Making automatic adjustments, Manually adjusting the tonal range, Replacing colors in an image, Adjusting lightness with the Dodge tool, Adjusting saturation with the Sponge tool, Retouching and Repairing, Repairing areas with the Clone Stamp tool, Using the Spot Healing Brush tool, Using the Healing Brush and Patch tools, Retouching on a separate layer, Working with Selections, About selecting and selection tools, Selecting with the Magic Wand tool, Using the Magic Wand with other selection tools, Working with oval and circular selections, Selecting with the lasso tools, Rotating a selection, Selecting with the Magnetic Lasso tool, Cropping an image and erasing within a selection, Layer Basics, Using the Layers palette.
- Page Making: Document Setup Option Page Type, Page Style, Page Numbering, Page Measurement Standard Tool Bar Options Create New Document with Setting, Open & Store Options, Preferences Import & Export Objects options, Scanning, Document Setup, Columns Guide Setting, etc. Formatting Tool Bar Option Copy Paste ptions, Cross Pasting, Multiple Pasting, Insert Objects, Import Images & Text from other Objects etc. Text Setting Options Fonts Setting, Control Palette, Paragraph Setting, Text Warping, Master Files, Text Rotating options Alignment Setting, Text Colors. Rulers & Guide Lines, Print Out Bar Import Objects, Polygon Setting, Draw & Filling Objects, Alignment Setting of the Images etc.
- 103 - Digital Art Photography
- The Exploration Stage: The past and future of Photography (Digital Photography), Types of Cameras, Choosing Cameras, Start Taking Photos, Using buttons and menus.
- Selection and Treatment: Selecting image size and quality, Image management, Photo editing tools Color management.
- Execution, Installation & Presentation: Choosing Exposure modes, how your exposure system works and affects your image. Installation of different types of Image Editing Software, Slide show programs and background music, E-mail and websites, displaying images Wallpapers.
- Digital Photography (Part – 1)
- Inside the digital camera: Image sensor and types, Built in memory and memory cards.
- The Principles of Photography: The General Principles of Photography
Types of cameras: Miniature Cameras, medium format cameras, large format camera and digital cameras. Comparative study of digital Camera and analogue(SLR) camera. Advantages and applications of digital photography.
Lenses: Normal, wide, tele, zoom, PC and TS lens. Working of a lens and angle of view of a lens.
Camera Controls: Shutter speed aperture exposure control, auto winder or motorized camera, depth of field, selective focus.
Exposure Meter: Incident meter and reflected meter.
Metering System: Center weighted, Spot and Matrix metering.
Filters: UV Filter, Polarizing filter, special effect filters and tripod.
Composition: Creative Composition, rule of thirds and Golden section.
- Managing Your Digital Assets: Managing digital cameras, Cleanness, Precautions, Managing Images printouts, Burning CDs
- 104 – Project
- 105 – Practical
- Practical on all the subjects of 1st semester.
FIRST YEAR (SECOND SEMESTER)
- 201 - Digital Photography (Part – II)
- Beyond the Basics: Camera Controls and Creativity, About Digital Photographs, Automatic all the way working of Digital Camera and comparison Selecting Images Size and Quality (Photoshop), Definition of shutter speed in detail, delineation of aperture, Using Shutter Speed in detail, definition of aperture, Selecting Exposure Modes, Types of Lenses.
- Photographing people: Photography aesthetics of people (Male, females, couples, groups & child Photography) In studio and out door and available light.
- Product Photography: Using Selective Focus, Exposure affects you Images, Controlling Brightness and Contrast, Close up Photography.
- Interior and Exteriors: Architectural photography, Industrial shooting (Internal & external), And use of various wide angle lenses. Landscape photography, science shorts.
- Action and Sports Photography: To capture the action in different ways to know the game first Selecting the equipments according to the game. (Use of various zoom and tele lenses and tripods)
- The Photo Shoot from Start to Finish: Photography on the given theme to selecting subject to select the equipment the location and finally shooting.
- 202 - Transferring Digital Photographs
- Transferring Devices: ATA-Flash-Cards, The exchange of digital information between two or more computers. Data is usually transmitted via a direct cable connection, a computer network, AD conversion, I.C Cards PC-Card, ID Photo MO Disk The smallest rewritable optical storage medium for digital cameras. A joint development from Olympus, Sanyo and Hitachi Maxell. It features an amazing capacity of 730 MB. This means about 2,000 photos can be taken before the media needs to be changed. Image converter Semiconductor-image converter (CCD chip). Image transmission/ transfer the digitization of images means they can be transmitted via data carriers or networks without the loss of quality or copied an infinite number of times.
- Blue Tooth: Blue tooth carries a wlan concept to a small scale, low power 10 m range, also known as personal is networking (pan) Bluetooth Profile Dependencies, data transferring, connection, wireless signals. Bluetooth file transfer profile (FTP) — enables browsing of the file system of other Bluetooth devices which support Bluetooth FTP, serial port (SPP) —provides a wireless serial connection to other Bluetooth devices, human interface device (HID) enables the use of Bluetooth input devices (keyboards and mice).
- Data Cable: USB based wires with both ends with the commutability of USB with computers, palmtops, I–pods, to transfer the data from one device to another, compatibility with memory card readers pro. different devices in which data cable is used, use of data cable in internet browsing.
- Pen Drive: Temporary storage devices, attach with computer, having USB head compatible plug and play utility. I-pods, Pen drives with music player option, pen drive capacity of data storage, software's of pen drive for win 98, formatting the pen drive, labeling the pen drive, handling and caring of the pen drive, diff brands dealing with pen drive.
- CD Burning: CD writing, cd writing software's, making video of still images, making data cd, making the labels for the cd, formatting the re-writable cd, diff types of cd available, storage capacity of cds , labeling the cd's, storing and handling the cd's, CD Burning.
- 203 – Advertising & Packaging
- Advertising: Meaning, Nature, Functions, Benefits, History, Nature (Art, Science, and Profession), Ethics in Advertisement... Social and Economic aspects in advertising.
- Types of Advertising :(Classified advertisements, Display advertisements, Hard Sell advertisement, Soft sell advertisements, Reminder advertisements, Prestige advertisements, Humorous advertisements, Professional advertisements, National advertisements, Local advertisements, Global advertisements, Product Advertising, Service Advertising, Institutional Advertising, Consumer Advertising, Distributor Advertising, Retail Advertising, industrial Advertising, Educational Advertising, Financial Advertising, Travel and Entertainment Advertising, Co-operative Advertising, Advertising, by Government and Public Bodies)
- Advertisement relationship with the product life cycle.
- Advertisement as a communication tool. Marketing communication process. Advertisement as a Marketing Tool: Marketing, Marketing Mix, Advertisement and Product (Positioning and Packaging), Place, Price, Promotion. AIDA Model.
- Media Selection and Media Planning.
- Types of Media: Newspapers, Television ,Radio, Magazines, Web advertising, Exhibitions, Telemarketing ,Posters and Hoardings.
- Advertisement Campaign: Campaign Planning and Process
- Advertisement Agency: Structure, Client Agency Relationship, Agency Media Relationship, Compensation.
- Advertisement Budget: Meaning & Methods
- Advertisement Copy & Layout Designing: Types of Advertisement Copy, Types Of Headlines. Components of Layout.
- Production: Advertisement Production Process and Implementation, Typography.
- 204 – Project
- 205 – Practical
- Practical on all the subjects of 2nd semester.