Integrated B.Sc in Multimedia and Animation
Duration: 3 Years ( Affiliated from Punjab Technical University)
Total Semesters: 6
Eligibility: 10+2 (Any stream)
Click Tabs to get Semester Details
FIRST YEAR (FIRST SEMESTER)
- 101 - Graphics
- Basics of Sketching & Drawing (with practice): Lines in different grades of pencils HB +0.8b, Shading in pencil medium, shading in different angles of pencil strokes, formatting in different textures with pencil, shading, simple objects in drawing, simple shapes of geometrical shapes, paper division & forming of sky land, stones, deserts, trees & plants, roadsides, rivers, perspective in lines in landscapes, different head shapes, characters, human anatomy (Eg: Hand, legs, arms, mislleneous characters).
- The Process of Design: Marketing consideration, creative concepts, shooting an advertisement, pre & post production.
- Sign and Technology: Ascending/Descending, leading, kerning, appropriateness, harmony, appearance, emphasis, copy casting and type specification, character-count method , word –count method, points, picas, typesetting, typesetting methods, photo.
- Text and Typography (Fonts): Typography, typesetting, readability, classes of type, display type, type groups, roman, serifs, gothic, block, square serif type, cursive or script type, measuring type, size, width, resolution, compositing
- The shape of Design: Planning for print production, overlay, camera ready, dates and deadlines.
- Design in Publishing: Typesetting, photoplate making.
- Various types of Papers: Basics weight, caliper, equivalent weight, basics weight, acid free paper, antique finishing, brightness, basics weight GSM, Bristol's, bulk, calendaring, bond, recycled, symbol "m" , symbol "mm" .
- Packaging & Product Design: To design & make packing boxes, hands on designing using different software’s & tools, making layouts for real printing, with margins typesetting.
- Basics of Printing Technology: Application, screen fabrics, filament, mesh count, strength, weave patterns, silk, organdy, nylon, polyester, metal mesh, paper, stencil types, direct and in direct, ink, press types, flatbed, flatbed cylinder, cylinder, textiles, precision flatbed, rotary.
- The Production Process: Role of production manager, impact and non impact printers, preparing production, planning print production.
- 102 - Desk Top Publishing
- Computer Basics: Introduction: Introduction to computers, parts of computer system, hardware, software, difference between hardware and software, user, data, processor, memory, input devices, output devices. Generations of Computers: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th generation. Basic computer organization: C.P.U, A.L.U. Keyboard, Mouse, OMR, OCR, Bar Code Reader, Scanner, Light pen, Cameras etc. Output Devices: Monitors (CRT, FST and LCD). Impact and non impact printers (Dot matrix, Inkjet, LaserJet), Plotters. Storage Devices: Hard Disk, Floppy disk, CD's, DVD's.
- Operating System: Introduction: Introduction to Operating System, its need and Operating System services; Operating System classification - single user, multi-user, simple batch processing, Multiprogramming, Multitasking, Parallel system, Distributed system, Real time system.
- Basic Designing Software: Windows Paint, Basics Concept making and Implement on Computer, Color knowledge, Generating Ideas, Basics About Various Software's in Industry for still image manipulating, knowledge about pixels, measuring units in diff image manipulating software's.
- Vector Graphics (Designing, Color Theory, Vector Designing & Editing, Text Formatting):
Interface:Working with menus, toolbars, Dockers.
Document Setup:Setting Page Size& Orientation, Document Navigation
Rulers & Guidelines: Status Bar.
Text: Formatting, Text Layout, Skewing and rotating, Creating drop shadow, Text to Path, Extruding text.
Objects: Grouping & locking objects, Combining & breaking apart, Transforming & Shaping, Cutting objects apart, Trim, weld & Intersection of objects.
Lines & Curves: Using freehand & Bezier tool, Line properties, Arrowheads Eraser & artist media tools Nodes & Paths.
Color & Fills: Solid Color, Color Palettes, Eyedropper & Paint bucket, Fountain, Fills, Patterns, Texture Fills, Interactive Mesh Fill.
Special effects: Envelopes, Blends, Perspective, Shadow Objects, Power clip Command, Transparency, Distortion, Contour, Lens Docker.
Complex Shapes: Polygon & Stars Spirals Printing Menu.
- Raster Graphics (Designing, Color Theory, Raster Designing & Editing, text Formatting: Getting to Know the Work Area, Starting to work in Adobe Photoshop, Colour modes, Colour, Using the tools, Selecting and using a tool from the toolbox, Using the tool options bar and other palettes, Customizing the workspace, Using Photoshop Help, Viewing and editing files in Adobe Bridge, Embedding information for easy identification, Automating routine tasks, Resolution and image size, Straightening and cropping an image, Making automatic adjustments, Manually adjusting the tonal range, Replacing colors in an image, Adjusting lightness with the Dodge tool, Adjusting saturation with the Sponge tool, Retouching and Repairing, Repairing areas with the Clone Stamp tool, Using the Spot Healing Brush tool, Using the Healing Brush and Patch tools, Retouching on a separate layer, Working with Selections, About selecting and selection tools, Selecting with the Magic Wand tool, Using the Magic Wand with other selection tools, Working with oval and circular selections, Selecting with the lasso tools, Rotating a selection, Selecting with the Magnetic Lasso tool, Cropping an image and erasing within a selection, Layer Basics, Using the Layers palette.
- Page Making: Document Setup Option Page Type, Page Style, Page Numbering, and Page Measurement Standard Tool Bar Options Create New Document with Setting, Open & Store Options, Preferences Import & Export Objects options, Scanning, Document Setup, Columns Guide Setting, etc. Formatting Tool Bar Option Copy Paste Options, Cross Pasting, Multiple Pasting, Insert Objects, Import Images & Text from other Objects etc. Text Setting Options Fonts Setting, Control Palette, Paragraph Setting, Text Warping, Master Files, Text Rotating options Alignment Setting, Text Colors. Rulers & Guide Lines, Print Out Bar Import Objects, Polygon Setting, Draw & Filling Objects, Alignment Setting of the Images etc.
- 103 - Digital Art Photography
- The Exploration Stage: The past and future of Photography (Digital Photography), Types of Cameras, Choosing Cameras, Start Taking Photos, Using buttons and menus.
- Selection and Treatment: Selecting image size and quality, Image management, Photo editing tools Color management.
- Execution, Installation & Presentation: Choosing Exposure modes, how your exposure system works and affects your image. Installation of different types of Image Editing Software, Slide show programs and background music, E-mail and websites, displaying images Wallpapers.
- Digital Photography (Part – 1)
- Inside the digital camera: Image sensor and types, In-Built memory and memory cards.
- The Principles of Photography: The General Principles of Photography
Types of cameras: Miniature Cameras, medium format cameras, large format camera and digital cameras. Comparative study of digital and analogue (SLR) camera. Advantages and applications of digital photography.
Lenses: Normal, wide, tele, zoom, PC and TS lens. Working of a lens and angle of view of a lens.
Camera Controls: Shutter speed aperture exposure control, auto winder or motorized camera, depth of field, selective focus.
Exposure Meter: Incident meter and reflected meter.
Metering System: Center weighted Spot and Matrix metering.
Filters: UV Filter, Polarizing filter, special effect filters and tripod.
Composition: Creative Composition, rule of thirds and Golden section.
- Managing Your Digital Assets: Managing digital cameras, Cleanness, Precautions, Managing Images printouts, Burning CDs.
- 104 – Project
- 105 – Practical
- Practical on all the subjects of 1st semester.
FIRST YEAR (SECOND SEMESTER)
- 201 - Digital Photography (Part – II)
- Beyond the Basics: Camera Controls and Creativity, About Digital Photographs, Automatic all the way working of Digital Camera and comparison Selecting Images Size and Quality (Photoshop), Definition of shutter speed in detail, delineation of aperture, Using Shutter Speed in detail, definition of aperture, Selecting Exposure Modes, Types of Lenses.
- Photographing people: Photography aesthetics of people (Male, females, couples, groups & child Photography) in studio and out door and available light.
- Product Photography: Using Selective Focus, Exposure affects you Images, Controlling Brightness and Contrast, Close up Photography.
- Interior and Exteriors: Architectural photography, Industrial shooting (Internal & external) and use of various wide angle lenses. Landscape photography, science shorts.
- Action and Sports Photography: To capture the action in different ways to know the game first Selecting the equipments according to the game. (Usage of various zoom and tele lenses and tripods)
- The Photo Shoot from Start to Finish: Photography on the given theme to selecting subject to select the equipment the location and finally shooting.
- 202 - Transferring Digital Photographs
- Transferring Devices: ATA-Flash-Cards, The exchange of digital information between two or more computers. Data is usually transmitted via a direct cable connection, a computer network, AD conversion, I.C Cards PC-Card, ID Photo MO Disk The smallest rewritable optical storage medium for digital cameras. A joint development from Olympus, Sanyo and Hitachi Maxell. It features an amazing capacity of 730 MB. This means about 2,000 photos can be taken before the media needs to be changed. Image converter Semiconductor-image converter (CCD chip). Image transmission/ transfer the digitization of images means they can be transmitted via data carriers or networks without the loss of quality or copied an infinite number of times.
- Blue Tooth: Blue tooth carries a WAN concept to a small scale, low power 10 m range, also known as personal is networking (pan) Bluetooth Profile Dependencies, data transferring, connection, wireless signals. Bluetooth file transfer profile (FTP) — enables browsing of the file system of other Bluetooth devices which support Bluetooth FTP, serial port (SPP) —provides a wireless serial connection to other Bluetooth devices, human interface device (HID) enables the use of Bluetooth input devices (keyboards and mice).
- Data Cable: USB based wires with both ends with the commutability of USB with computers, palmtops, I–pods, to transfer the data from one device to another, compatibility with memory card readers pro, different devices in which data cable is used, use of data cable in internet browsing.
- Pen Drive: Temporary storage devices, attach with computer, having USB head compatible plug and play utility. I-pods, Pen drives with music player option, pen drive capacity of data storage, software's of pen drive for win 98, formatting the pen drive, labeling the pen drive, handling and caring of the pen drive, diff brands dealing with pen drive.
- CD Burning: CD writing, cd writing software's, making video of still images, making data cd, making the labels for the cd, formatting the re-writable cd, diff types of cd available, storage capacity of cd’s , labeling the cd's, storing and handling the cd's, CD Burning.
- 203 – Advertising & Packaging
- Advertising: Meaning, Nature, Functions, Benefits, History, Nature (Art, Science, and Profession), Ethics in Advertisement. Social and Economic aspects in advertising
- Types of Advertising: (Classified advertisements, Display advertisements, Hard Sell advertisement, Soft sell advertisements, Reminder advertisements, Prestige advertisements, Humorous advertisements, Professional advertisements, National advertisements, Local advertisements, Global advertisements, Product Advertising, Service Advertising, Institutional Advertising, Consumer Advertising, Distributor Advertising, Retail Advertising, industrial Advertising, Educational Advertising, Financial Advertising, Travel and Entertainment Advertising, Co-operative Advertising, Advertising, by Government and Public Bodies)
- Advertisement relationship with the product life cycle.
- Advertisement as a communication tool. Marketing communication process. Advertisement as a Marketing Tool: Marketing, Marketing Mix, Advertisement and Product (Positioning and Packaging), Place, Price, Promotion. AIDA Model.
- Media Selection and Media Planning.
- Types of Media: Newspapers, Television, Radio, Magazines, Web advertising, Exhibitions, Telemarketing, Posters and Hoardings.
- Advertisement Campaign: Campaign Planning and Process
- Advertisement Agency: Structure, Client Agency Relationship, Agency Media Relationship, Compensation.
- Advertisement Budget: Meaning & Methods
- Advertisement Copy & Layout Designing: Types of Advertisement Copy, Types of Headlines, Components of Layout.
- Production: Advertisement Production Process and Implementation, Typography.
- 204 – Project
- 205 – Practical
- Practical on all the subjects of 2nd semester.
SECOND YEAR (THIRD SEMESTER)
- 301 - Fundamentals of Web Designing & Java Script
- The Fundamentals of Web Design: The web we know today, working of web, history of web, evolution of world wide web, now days the use of internet, sample web pages, how did they are constructed, function and stand point, hands on good web sites , browsing good web sites, analyzing a sample site from a function standpoint.
- The Principal of web Design: Well designed site from a poorly conceived one, difference between web and print design, focusing on those issues a web designer, discover top tem web design, and critique a sample site from an esthetic perspective.
- Getting Started in Web Design: A technology does a web designer need to be master, look at well-stocked web design, software option for digital imaging, HTML editors and Multimedia, real-world design environment.
- Getting to know Java Script: Introduction, what is an object, object encapsulate state and behavior, implementing objects, introduction, about the class, object description, methods, need for class, classes as abstraction, for sets of objects, class of object factory, about java, history of java, bytes code, java virtual machine, characteristics of java, types of java programming, writing program on bluej environment, creating a bluej project, adding a new class to your project, editing a class code, compiling the sources code, saving output from the console window, printing your source, code, closing a project, opening an exiting bluej project, executing a java application's main method, creating (executable) jar file, creating documentation.
- Script Analysis and Event Handlers: Java character set, keywords, identifiers, literals, operators, concept of data types, primitive data type, reference types, variables, declaration of variables, initialization of variables.
- Working with Complete scripts: Operation in java, expressions, java statements, significance of classes, object as instance of class, function definition, function prototype and signature, accessing a function, call by reference, function overloading, calling overloaded function.
- 302 - HTML Basics
- The ABCs of HTML: Begins with an HTML overview, how HTML evolved, how to construct a basic HTML page, explore the ins and outs of formatting, Web colors, images, and links, essential elements of a Web page, to create files and folders using the correct directory structure, view source code to learn from the inspiration of others, create an online menu for a restaurant.
- Tools for Tables: HTML tables are used everywhere on the Web as a layout, content organization tool, tools for tables, construct them,, format them, place elements in them, and fix them when they break, to add sophistication to your tables by modifying their properties, adding background colors and images, and using cols pan and row span tags, explore a common application for tables by building an e-commerce product page from scratch.
- Putting it all together: A taste of some of the challenges of a professional HTML assignment, the dynamic templates often used to construct e-commerce sites, an introduction to how HTML interacts with other coding languages such as ASP and Cold Fusion, the "front end" of a form is created, to create common form elements, wraps up with a guide to common HTML troubleshooting issues, create a 4-page "prototype" for an ecommerce site.
- 303 - 2D Animation
- Intro to flash: About 2d animation, Properties Bar, Size and Publish
Symbols and Layers: Library, Insert layer, Motion Guide
Frame and Animation: Frame rate Making animation
Bells and Whistles: Scripting
Making a Splash: Making interactive buttons
Interactive Adventure: Compiling objects
Bringing movement to the web: Creating and uploading to web
Beyond the Frames: Understanding frames size, Frame rate, Symbol
Frame of Mind: Optimized flash player, about framing
- Intro to flash: About 2d animation, Properties Bar, Size and Publish
- 304 – Project
- 305 – Practical
- Practical on all the subjects of 3rd semester.
SECOND YEAR (FOURTH SEMESTER)
- 401 - Flash Website Design
- The New Paradigm: Flash's as an animation tool and evolvement as multimedia powerhouse the key advantages of designing Web sites with Flash for motion and interaction. In your first exercise, compare and contrast a Flash site with an HTML site and experiment with a high-level Flash design.
- Design and Construction: Work in the Flash environment with layers and frames organized. Concept and file structure of the Flash Web site is broken down into its main components. Plan site's content and build the framework.
- Interface, Navigation, and Structure: A site's interface, contents. Design of overall interface with specific attention to navigation of systems, button design and way of finding methods. World of high-level, experimental interfaces intensity. Flash-based navigation, from modern art and the principles of abstraction.
- The Stage, Transitions, and Behaviors: Script dictates techniques for transitioning your content in and out of main interface, drawing attention to important information and features with quick, tasteful animations.
- Framing and Usability: HTML designing with Flash methods of embedding Flash site in an HTML page for optimal viewing. Publish your site, usability concerns, Flash usability debate. HTML for a seamless experience, and publish it to the Web.
- The Future of Flash Site Design: Flash Web site with a splash preloader page that occupies users' interest as main site loads.
- 402 - 3D Introduction & advanced (Modeling & Animation) Part-1
- Getting in Control of 3D Space: Menu commands, File Menu, Edit Menu, Tools menu, Group Menu, view Menu. Main Toolbar, Working with Viewports and files: Controlling the Viewports: Zooming a view, panning a view, rotating a View, Maximizing the active Viewports, max Scene files. Saving/Opening files. Merging and replacing objects. Importing and exporting files.
- Solid Modeling and the tools of the Trade: Create menu, Modifiers Menu, Command Panel: Create, Modify, Hierarchy, motion, display, Utilities.
- Color, Texture and surface styles: The Material Editor, colors and patterns in materials, multiple materials on single objects, lofting the materials, bump mapping, luminance values, maps, mapping coordinates, materials, multi/sub-object materials, procedural maps. Material Editor: sample window, sample sphere, material type, material name, get material, assign material to selection, materials and mapping, importing maps & textures from Photoshop.
- Tips and tricks for good lighting: Standard sunlight system, faking bounced light, daylight system, angle of incidence, attenuation, exposure control, photometric lights, radiosity, standard lights with scan line rendering, photometric lights with radiosity render, skylight with light tracer rendering, sunlight system, day light system, Skylight. Target spot, free spot, target direct, and free direct, Omni. Day light with exterior scenes.
- Virtual camera movement: Camera types, Creating and adjusting cameras, Camera composition, Camera movement, Focal length, Field of view, Cut edit, Fade or dissolve edit, Camera Basics, Target cameras, Free cameras, Adjusting the Field of View, Dolling and zooming, Crabbing and panning, Basic scene editing, Take the time to watch film and television with a more critical eye toward the techniques employed by directors to involve you, the viewer, in the world created by the camera. For still images, you can refer to books and magazines on architecture or product design to develop a feel for how the focal length and the composition of cameras can affect your perception of the scene.
- Dummy properties: Dummy objects, animating the Rotation of the Dummy Object, Fundamental key frame animation, Repeating animation over time, Hierarchical linking.
- 403 - 3D Introduction & advanced (Modeling & Animation) Part II
- Animation, multimedia & virtual reality: Fundamental key frame animation, repeating animation over time, Hierarchical linking, Key frame, Parameters Out-of-Range, Setting Animation Keys, Animating the Rotation of the Dummy Object, Creating a Continuously Looping Animation.
- Using advanced techniques: Assigning Constraints on the Motion Panel, Applying an Ease Curve to Control Animation, Multiplier curves, Link constraint, Inverse kinematics, Solver, Applying Multiplier Curves, and Switching Hierarchical Parents.
- Advanced Modeling: Editable poly, Symmetry modifier, Lathe modifier, Merge, Quad polygon, Settings dialog, NURMS, Editing Using Multiple Viewports, Adding Detail to the Model, Tessellate, Deformation, XRef, Using Modifiers to Add Detail to 3D Objects, Merging Files While Retaining a Connection.
- Advanced lighting effect: Placing and adjusting photometric lights, Using exposure control, Adjusting meshing parameters, Controlling color bleed and reflectance, Making materials act as lights, Attenuation, Direct illumination, Indirect illumination, Refine Iterations, Filtering, Reflectance, Placement and Adjustment, Applying Exposure Control, Setting Radiosity Meshing at the Local Level, Controlling Radiosity Using Materials. Applying Advanced Lighting Override Material.
- Advanced Animation: The Fundamentals of Hierarchical Linking, Animation controllers, Track View Dope Sheet, Ease curves, Controllers, Constraints, Graph editors, Ease curves.
- Architectural modeling / industrial modeling and animation: Modeling the Building with exteriors and interiors, the lights should be properly placed in the scene. Modeling the Mech. components, for eg: - hand tools, Auto components & animating then with key framing.
- Preparation for Multimedia Development: Modeling a Project with a final output after using that software, TV Product add, News channel Logo Animation, Post production effects, Animated series, Montaz, Structural Modeling and animation.
- 404 – Project
- 405 – Practical
- Practical on all the subjects of 4th semester.
THIRD YEAR (FIFTH SEMESTER)
- 501 - Video introduction & Advanced
- Creating Digital video: Adding all raw shorted shorts and clips all together, and add few finishing touch, even a small technique make an good effect, using some nice software for video editing, making fade in – outs, mixing the sound to video file , using diff angles of shorts for different emotions , happy or sorrow, trimming the video clips as per the audio or story, giving some seconds of blank space at the end of the video, make in concentration that text should not cover the video, lights, Illuminator, silver/ gold reflector, shotgun microphone, wireless microphone. Always use 5 second pre roll and post roll of blank space.
- Camera types & movements: Sony PD 150 Cameras, miller Fluid-Head Tripods, DV Stead cam, handy cams, web cams, Beta cams, setting the temp grid on the floor, perspective view of cameras, panning the camera movements, zoom in the camera, dolly camera, and camera using the crane shots, camera shocking for making earthquake effect. Attaching camera on the tripod for the removal of shaking in the clips, giving the proper lightning effect, setting the lights and proper reflection, correct expose, Framing, Focus, Hand held shorts, Slow berating wile video shooting, shoulder pan, hip pan.
- Lenses types: Wide angle lens, Fish eye lens, colored lens, blur lens, sharpness lens.
- Storytelling through visual means: Making the story board, just using the actions, emotions and happy moment’s scene to making the story, can make a comedy video, short film etc to practice on it; can take the reference from some short film, comedy shows.
- The users of digital video: Different uses of digital videos, making add films, documentaries, even feature films.
- 502 - Digital Editing
- The fundamentals of editing: Basics of editing, Pal Video for windows, Pal quick time multimedia QuickTime, Using Project Window, Video Settings, Audio Settings, Compressor, Depth, Frame Size, Frame Rate, Importing still images, Using the monitor window, Viewing safe zones, use of editing and full knowledge about video editing.
- The fundamentals of transition effects: Creating Transitions, Transition Settings, Image Mask Transition, Applying Transitions, viewing transitions.
- Finishing & the future: Making movie, finalizing sound and effects, rendering, making video CD.
- 503 - Sound Editing
- Introduction to sound: Sound, Digital sound files, different sound formats, midi & digital audio, creating digital audio files, sound producing, sound extracting, Advantages and disadvantages of midi &digital, choosing between midi and digital audio.
- Linking files: Sound for the World Wide Web, adding the sound to your multimedia project, production tips, audio recording, keeping track of your sound, testing and evaluation.
- Record clips & editing: Sound recording, editing digital recording, trimming, splicing and assembly, volume adjustments, format conversion, re sampling or downloading, fade-ins and fade –outs, equalization, time stretching, digital signal processing, reverting sound, making midi audio, audio file formats.
- Special effects: Adding effect automation enveloping, adding a volume envelop, adding a panning envelop, previewing effect automation, applying effect automation, adjusting envelope, adding envelop points, flipping a envelop points, setting fade properties, cutting, copying, pasting, envelope points, adding mirror and wave hammer, pan to left , pan to right, dry out, wet out, convert mono to stereo, looping.
- Finalize files: Burning the audio Cd, mp3, making the remix sound track with using all the special FX from the software. Exporting the files in diff formats, save in wav, mp3 etc.
- 504 – Project
- 505 – Practical
- Practical on all the subjects of 5th semester.
THIRD YEAR (SIXTH SEMESTER)
- 601-Script Writing and Story Board Designing
- Introduction to Scriptwriting, screenplay and teleplay Scripts are elements: Basics of Scriptwriting, Use of scriptwriting, Action, Scene Headings, Character Name, Screenplay Page Breaking, Short Lines/Poetry/Lyrics, Titles or Opening Credits, Screenplay Title Page, Continued and Revisions, Header Text + Do's & Don'ts, Screenplay Related Formats and full knowledge abut teleplay script.
- Scriptwriting for both short film: Dialogue, Parenthetical, Extension, Shot Transition, Dual-Column Dialogue, Act numbers, Scene Numbers, Cast List, short lines, dialogue paragraphs, Script Styles & Types, Script Length Scene Heading Action Description , Character Name, Dialogue, Parenthetical, Extension, Transition, Shots.
- Scriptwriting for feature film: Dialogue split by Action, Emphasis in Action, Abbreviations, Short Lines, Dialogue Paragraphs, Montage & Series of Shots, Supers - Titles, Signs, etc, Phone Calls and Inter cuts two people talking at the same time.
- As student develops there own script: Attention will be paid to principles of script analysis, narrative strategy, genre and structure. By the end of the semester, students are expected to have developed a script treatment and flashed out the first act in script form.
- Introduction to storyboard: Introduction, Multimedia Storyboarding Tools, The Advantages of Storyboarding, Interactive Storyboarding, Using Interactive Storyboarding to Speed-up the Content-writing Phase, Using Interactive Storyboarding to Speed-up Report Document Production.
- Steps of storyboard writing: Storyboard table, Topic, Timeline, Sketches, color scheme, text attributes, Audio, camera angle, Interaction of buttons and text.
- 602 -Realistic Concept of Animation & Special Effects
- Comparison between Animated & Realistically Animated Films: Watch the different animated flicks and make a comparison report on them.
- Timing & State: Watch the different animated flicks and make a comparison report on them.
- Movements in Animation: Understanding key frames, key frame animation, fine tuning the animation, Manual animation, path follow animation and frame rate of animation.
- Frames: Frame rate, resolution, size, video standards used worldwide, and fps.
- Special Effect : Environmental Effects and Morphing: Keying, color correction, depth of field, particles, fire, fog, cg camera, Cg lights, motion blur masking, text making and formatting, mattes.
- 603 – Project
- 604 – Practical
- Practical on all the subjects of 6th semester.